he Vancouver Lions Club, of Vancouver, Washington U.S.A., is a community service organization that began serving the humanitarian needs in the greater Vancouver, Washington community in 1919 as the Vancouver Prunearians before joining the International Association Of Lions Clubs on September 12, 1928.
The Club is organized as a Washington non–profit corporation and is a §501(c)(4) non–profit organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code. The Club's charitable arm, the Vancouver Lions Foundation, is also organized as a Washington non–profit corporation and is §501(c)(3) charitable organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP OPENINGS — The Vancouver Lions Club is currently accepting applications for membership. Membership is open to all persons of good moral character and reputation who are over the age of 18. There are no limitations to membership based on business, profession, industry, employment, gender, identity, expression, religion, military service, race or affiliation. Several membership options are available, and there are discounts to annual dues for families, students, Leo Lions and former Leos! Join the Vancouver Lions Club and share the fun and fellowship of serving your community.
- MOBILITY TRAINING — The Washington State School for the Blind is offering Orientation Mobility Training for volunteers, from 4:00
p.m.to 5:00 p.m.on March 14, 2023, at the Sherman Building, 2289 McLoughlin Boulevard, Vancouver, Washington. Email Adrienne Fernandez an RSVP a week before the trainig seesion you want to attend. Also, check out the guide for promoting independence (by the Perkins School for the Blind) for tips on helping blind and low vision students become independent. [Show More…]
- CRESA TRAINING — The Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency (CRESA) is offering training to prepare volunteers to assist first responders in the event of a catastrophic event in the Clark County area. Training will be available from 12:30
p.m.to 3:30 p.m.on March 18, 2023 at the CRESA offices, 700 West 13th Street in Vancouver. CRESA is a regional public safety agency that provides 9-1-1 dispatch, technology services and emergency management in Clark County, Washington. The CRESA Emergency Management Program deals with all aspects of disasters within the community. Volunteers are needed to help with boots–on–the–ground assistance in a variety of ways, such as establishing and staffing shelters, providing people with information at assembly areas, and set-up, organization, and staffing of Points of Distribution Centers. CRESA'S Jodi Blackwood will be the featured speaker at the January 18, 2023 Zone Meeting. Let President Mary or Scretary Susan know if ypu want to attend either training session or the January 18, 2023 Zone Meeting for more information. [Show More…]
- DISTRICT 19–C SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–C, which will be merging with District 19–G (the Vancouver Lions Club's current district) this July to form District 19–N, will be holding its final spring conference April 14 to 15, 2023. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–C to meet the northern half of our new Lions family and welcome our future partneship in District 19–N. Check back here for more information as it becomes available.
- NORTHWEST LIONS LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE — The 2023 edition of the Northwest Lions Leadership Institute is scheduled for May 4 to 7, 2023, at the Ross Point Camp and Conference Center in Post Falls, Idaho U.S.A. The Institute offers outstanding seminars designed to develop and enhance leadership skills that will foster communication and team building in a rewarding learning environment. Scholarships to the Institute from the MD19 Lions Foundation are available to participants. Mark your calendar today register to attend this terrific learning experience.
- DISTRICT 19–G SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–G will be holding its spring conference May 12 to 13, 2023 at the Heathman Hotel in Vancouver, Washington. This will be the final District 19–G convention before it rejoins District 19–C to form District 19–N. Join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–G as they proudly celebrate an extraordinary, 60 year legacy. Download the registration form and sign up today.
- LCICON 2023 — Registration is now open for the Lions Clubs International 2023 Convention, affectionately known as “LCICon”, which will be held in Boston, Massachusets U.S.A. from Saturday, July 7 to Wednesday, July 11, 2023. Sign up now and save on registration fees: Registration costs US$17500 through January 23, 2023, then US$25000 through June 30, 2023, and then US$32500. Not sure you can attend? Sign up now on the cheap and cancel by May 1, 2023 for a full refund.