he Vancouver Lions Club, of Vancouver, Washington U.S.A., is a community service organization that began serving the humanitarian needs in the greater Vancouver, Washington community in 1919 as the Vancouver Prunearians before joining the International Association Of Lions Clubs on September 12, 1928.
The Club is organized as a Washington non–profit corporation, and is a §501(c)(4) non–profit organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code. The Club's charitable arm, the Vancouver Lions Foundation, is also organized as a Washington non–profit corporation, and is §501(c)(3) charitable organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP OPENINGS — The Vancouver Lions Club is currently accepting applications for membership. Membership is open to all persons of good moral character and reputation who are over the age of 18. There are no limitations to membership based on business, profession, industry, employment, gender, identity, expression, religion, military service, race or affiliation. Several membership options are available, and there are discounts to annual dues for families, students, Leo Lions and former Leos! Join the Vancouver Lions Club and share the fun and fellowship of serving your community.
- FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY — The ilani Casino is holding a “BBQ Festival” June 8 to 11, 2023 at the Ilani Casino, and they need Lions Club volunteers on June 10 and 11! The Ridgefield Lions Club is the gatekeeper for volunteers to work this event. Club volunteers earn $1550 per hour for the club's administrative account. There are several shifts and several tasks available. Sign up for a shift on the Ridgefield Lions website. Note that MAST (Mandatory Achohol Training) certification is required to serve alcohol, which is one of the volunteer positions available. MAST training and certification is available online; The cost is $1995 (reimbursement is available from the club). The online training takes a minimum of three hours, and can be completed in stages. There are also other volunteer positions that do not require MAST certification.
- NEW CLUB OFFICERS TRAINING — 2023–2024 club officers training will be held on three different dates: 9:00
a.m. to 1:00 p.m.Saturday June 10, 2023, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.Thursday Juy 27, 2023, and 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.Saturday August 26, 2023. All training sessions are via ZOOM. All club officers, 1st timers to experts are encouraged to attend. Reserve one (or more) of those dates now and check back here for registration information.
- LCICON 2023 — Registration is now open for the Lions Clubs International 2023 Convention, affectionately known as “LCICon”, which will be held in Boston, Massachusets U.S.A. from Saturday, July 7 to Wednesday, July 11, 2023. Sign up now and save on registration fees: Registration costs US$17500 through January 23, 2023, then US$25000 through June 30, 2023, and then US$32500. Not sure you can attend? Sign up now on the cheap and cancel by May 1, 2023 for a full refund.
- NEW CLUB OFFICERS TRAINING — The second of three 2023–2024 club officers training sessions will be 5:30 to 9:30
p.m.Thursday Juy 27, 2023, via ZOOM. All club officers, 1st timers to experts are encouraged to attend. Registration information will be posted here as it becomes available.
- NEW CLUB OFFICERS TRAINING — The third, and final, 2023–2024 club officers training will be held 9:00
a.m. to 1:00 p.m.Saturday August 26, 2023, via ZOOM. All club officers, 1st timers to experts are encouraged to attend. Registration information will be posted here as it becomes available.
- USA/CANADA LIONS LEADERSHIP FORUM — The 2023 edition of the USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum is schduled for September 21 to 23, 2023, in the Biggest Little City In The World, Reno, Nevada, U.S.A. Registration is open now. Check the Forum website for information about travel and accomodations, events and exhibitors, or email the Forum committee for more information.