he Vancouver Lions Club, of Vancouver, Washington U.S.A., is a community service organization that began serving the humanitarian needs in the greater Vancouver, Washington community in 1919 as the Vancouver Prunearians before joining the International Association Of Lions Clubs on September 12, 1928.
The Club is organized as a Washington non–profit corporation and is a §501(c)(4) non–profit organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code. The Club's charitable arm, the Vancouver Lions Foundation, is also organized as a Washington non–profit corporation and is §501(c)(3) charitable organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP OPENINGS — The Vancouver Lions Club is currently accepting applications for membership. Membership is open to all persons of good moral character and reputation who are over the age of 18. There are no limitations to membership based on business, profession, industry, employment, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, military service, race or affiliation. Note that Lions Clubs International has waived new Lions club membership initiation fees (otherwise $3500) through June 30, 2022, and there are discounts to annual dues for families and students. Consider joining the Vancouver Lions Club today and share the fun and fellowship of serving your community.
- BEST WEBSITE — The Vancouver Lions Club website, the website that you are vsiting right now, was judged Best Club Website at the District 19–G Lions Spting Conference on May 13–14, 2022!
- FOOD BANK PROJECT — Eleven Vancouver Lion voluteers pitched in at the Clark County Food Bank on July 7, 2022 to sort and box donated food for distribution to local area food banks — another 30 hours of service to the community from the Vancouver Lions Club.
- LION OF THE YEAR — Lion Susan Nellor was presented with the Vancouver Lions Club “Lion Of The Year” award for 2021–2022 by Immediate Past President Linda Bannon at the Club picnic on July 7, 2022. The Lion of the Year is an annual award presented to the Vancouver Lion who demonstrates exctraordinary service to the Vancouver Lions Club and the community.
- PICNIC NUMBER 4 — Closing out the summer barbeques, the fourth, and final VLC family picnic on the Vancouver Lions Club summer meeting schedule is August 18, 2022, at Lion Nadine Robertson's home. Lions, families and friends are invited. Check back for updates.
- APPLE TREE MARATHON — Mark your calendar for September 17, 2022. The Apple Tree Marathon is back. Arrangements are in the works for the Vanbcouver Lions Club to sponsor a water station during the run, for which we need all hands on deck. Stay tuned for more information as it become available.
- GIRLFRIENDS RUN — Another run, and another Vancouver Lions Club water station is on the horizon. Mark your calendar for October 9, 2022 for the (normally) annual Girlfriends Run For A Cure Half Marathon. Arrangements are in the works for the Vancouver Lions Club to staff a water station during the run. Stay tuned for more information as it become available.